Celebrate Your Special Day with Lady Liberty!
STATUE of LIBERTY, A NATIONAL MONUMENT
A NATIONAL SYMBOL OF NEW BEGINNINGS
Ellis Island and Liberty Island
New York City’s Stellar and Unique Event Spaces
The Statue of Liberty
A SYMBOL OF HOPE, FREEDOM, AND DEMOCRACY
The Statue of Liberty is a colossal sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor. The copper statue is a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States. Recognized as a universal symbol of FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY. Statue was designed by French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and its metal framework was built by Gustave Eiffel. The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886, & designated as a National Monument in 1924.
ISLAND OF HOPE, ISLAND OF TEARS
How far would you travel to find a better life? What if the journey took weeks under difficult conditions? If you answered "Whatever it takes," you echo the feelings of the 12 million immigrants who passed through these now quiet halls from 1892 to 1954. For the vast majority of immigrants, Ellis Island truly was an "Island of Hope" - the first stop on their way to new opportunities and experiences in America. For the rest, it became the "Island of Tears" - a place where families were separated and individuals were denied entry into the United States.
Host Your Corporate Event, Wedding, or other Special Celebration at this National Landmark Event Venue!
Celebrate with Lady Liberty!
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
A BEACON OF AMERICAN HERITAGE AND A NATIONAL SYMBOL OF NEW BEGINNINGS
Celebrate with Lady Liberty! In the heart of New York City lies this majestic & breathtaking wedding venue for your most intimate & inspiring celebration. Enjoy the stunning views of the Manhattan Skyline & experience Lady Liberty with the option to get the Liberty firework show while celebrating your special day with style and grandeur.
TRULY A NIGHT TO REMEMBER & CHERISH
Celebrate with Lady Liberty!
The Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, a National Landmarks that can be transformed into your wedding dream. Ellis Island’s interior hall is stunning for a reception with a 60-foot vaulted ceiling of Faustino tiles and bright open windows. Prepare to be swept away by the elegance of the interior and beauty of the NYC skyline under the stars while enjoying the outdoor patio.
FEEL CONFIDENT IN HOSTING AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENT
A BEAUTIFUL SITE THAT IS STEEPED IN FAMILY HISTORY AND PRIDE IN NEW BEGINNINGS.
WHAT BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE THAN HAVING AN ISLAND AT YOUR DISPOSAL!
Possibilities Are Endless when you
Celebrate with Lady Liberty!
- The options are vast and filled with the opportunity to make your special day truly romantic.
- Say your vows with New York City’s famous cityscape behind you.
- or Say “I DO” in the brand-new museum with the Original Liberty Torch as your backdrop.
- Perhaps cocktails with Lady Liberty and an evening of fun dancing in the hall.
- Take breathtaking portraits with Lady Liberty in the background.
- Celebrate outside in the Wall of Honor or host your reception in the Great Hall on Ellis Island.
- They offer gorgeous indoor and uncovered outdoor settings that all offer scenic views of the city.
- Couples and their wedding guests are provided a round-trip ferry ride to and from the venue that includes a photo op with the Statue of Liberty.
- Couples and their guests also receive exclusive access to the museum and National Park Service Ranger tours.
- The space can hold a maximum of 1,200 guests.
EXPLORE AND BOOK YOUR ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EVENT &
Celebrate with Lady Liberty!
Evelyn Hill Inc.
The National Park Service’s Exclusive Concessionaire For Events Held On Ellis And Liberty Islands
Ellis Island and Liberty Island have represented the American dream since the late 1800s. Today, Evelyn Hill Inc. can turn your dreams of a wedding or reception on Liberty & Ellis Island into a reality; they are the National Park Service’s exclusive concessionaire for events held on Ellis and Liberty Islands
Why this National Monument Is the Perfect Wedding Venue:
Your wedding should be an unforgettable experience. When you choose to hold your wedding ceremony or reception on Liberty & Ellis Island, you’re sure to host an event that you and your guests will remember for a lifetime.
- Ellis Island and Liberty Island hold special places in America’s past and present, imbuing these locations with a sense of dignity, history, and wonder. These unique wedding event venues are the perfect setting for a wedding meant to celebrate both the traditions and diversity important to your family and friends.
- Celebrating a wedding at the Ellis Island National Monument puts your ceremony right in the middle of some of the most breathtaking views of New York. From the modern Manhattan skyline to the Statue of Liberty herself, you’ll celebrate amidst this amazing backdrop and return home with once-in-a-lifetime wedding photos to treasure forever.
Your Wedding Event Options:
Whether you are envisioning a celebration outside in the Wall of Honor or would like to hold your wedding in the stately Great Hall on Ellis Island against the backdrop of the New York cityscape, Evelyn Hill will work with you to turn your wedding night into an exclusive private event at one of the United States’ most treasured national monuments. You can choose to hold your wedding event indoors or outdoors, depending on your preferences and the number of guests you’d like to invite.
Not only can Evelyn Hill Inc. help you enjoy your wedding in one of the most unique venues available, but also provide experienced event planning with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. Evelyn Hill would be honored to host your special day and make your wedding even more unforgettable –(646) 593-7307.
With awe-inspiring views of the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline, Ellis Island and Liberty Island offer stunning and unforgettable settings for your corporate event, wedding ceremony and wedding reception, special family celebration, fundraiser or other special events. Many top corporate event planning NYC-based companies and elite NYC wedding planners have designed phenomenal events here on our islands – many featured in top NYC and bridal media – and we invite you to consider Ellis Island and Liberty Island for your upcoming occasion.
When your corporate event planning or wedding styling dreams call for an impressive, unique NYC event venue with breathtaking views, upscale event styling and the advantages of an on-the-water location – such as gorgeous scenery and your own fireworks show over the Hudson River, our NYC event venues can make your wishes come to life.
Visit the video gallery and photo collections from past events in our blog to see how truly awe-inspiring our venue can be, and how it would make the ideal location for your next event. If you would still like to see more of our luxurious venue, check out the 360SiteVisit virtual tour to get a complete 360° experience.
Since 1931, Ellis Island and Liberty Island, as unique event spaces NYC proudly calls its ‘neighbors,’ have welcomed corporate event and wedding groups, celebrities, political leaders and dignitaries, and movie productions to our venues and grounds, as we share our history, our grandeur, our symbolism, our beauty and our commitment to being a truly spectacular NYC event location.
We invite you to learn more about:
- Ellis Island venue https://www.ellisisland-events.com/ellis-island/
- Liberty Island venue https://www.ellisisland-events.com/liberty-island/
- Vendors https://www.ellisisland-events.com/about/vendors/
Adding to our reputation as a corporate event NYC standout and enviable wedding space are our award-winning sustainability practices as we provide flawless events in tandem with some of the top corporate event planning companies in New York City, as well as elite NYC wedding planners and event professionals.
With both ballroom and outdoor celebration spaces, as well as smaller meeting rooms for your corporate planning an intimate celebration needs, Ellis Island and Liberty Island provide a tremendously wide range of unique event venue offerings for your guests to enjoy.
Here are a few types of events that we welcome at our spectacular NYC venues:
- Corporate Galas & Parties
- Holiday Parties
- Corporate Dinners
- Corporate Meetings
- Company Outings
- Employee Appreciation Day(s)
- Corporate Launch Parties
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Receptions
- Vow Renewals and Celebrations
- Family Reunions
- Milestone Family Events
- Bar mitzvahs and Bat mitzvahs
- Movie Premieres
- Fashion Week Galas
- and more…
Book your event today!
Celebrate with Lady Liberty!
Your event begins with a scenic eight-minute ferry ride past the iconic NYC skyline on an inspiring path to our Ellis Island and Liberty Island shores, where your guests may be greeted by champagne-bearing servers, and it may end with a dazzling fireworks display to light up the night sky over NYC’s Hudson River, with our Lady Liberty taking in the show along with your special guests. From start to finish, an Ellis Island or Liberty Island event impresses in so many ways, creating an unforgettable celebration experience.
Plan on visiting The Islands for a day?
Below you find visiting options and ticketing information
Visiting the New Liberty Museum
A NEW WAY TO EXPERIENCE LIBERTY
In May 2019, Lady Liberty’s legacy expanded with the opening of the Statue of Liberty Museum. Housed within the Statue of Liberty Museum are three interactive galleries that tell the statue's history. Liberty’s most iconic symbol, the original torch, is housed inside the inspiration gallery. Through the glass walls that surround the gallery, visitors can enjoy panoramic views of Lady Liberty and the New York City skyline. Don’t forget the Roof Deck, This area atop the museum has an accessible rooftop from which visitors may take in sweeping views of the iconic statue and New York Harbor.
Visiting the Pedestal
STATUE OF LIBERTY ATOP THE GRANITE PEDESTAL
Due to its popularity, access to the pedestal is limited and requires reservations. Statue Cruises is the official source for pedestal reservations as well as the company that provides ferry transportation to the island. Advanced reservations may be made online or by telephone. Same-day pedestal reservations MAY be available at the ticket offices but are extremely limited. Pedestal reservations are not available on Liberty Island.
Visiting the Crown
SEVEN SPIKES REPRESENT THE SEVEN SEAS AND SEVEN CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD
ALSO REPRESENTS THE RAYS OF THE SUN AND SHOWS THAT LADY LIBERTY IS DIVINE
Visiting the crown of the Statue of Liberty is one of the most rewarding experiences of any trip to New York City. Due to its extreme popularity, tickets to the crown are by advanced reservation only. The climb is strenuous and not without risk. The National Park Service recommends that crown visitors have no significant physical or mental conditions which would impair their ability to complete the climb. There are 377 steps from the main lobby to the crown platform.
Visiting Ellis Island
ELLIS ISLAND NATIONAL MUSEUM OF IMMIGRATION
Ellis Island's Great Hall once had lines of immigrants speaking several different languages as they awaited processing. Following restoration in the 1980s, this building reopened as the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, a symbol of this nation's immigrant heritage. Americans can trace their ancestry to the immigrants who crossed this island before dispersing to points all over the country.
Operating Hours & Seasons
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- Liberty Island is open every day except the fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving) and December 25.
- Visit the Fees and Passes section for ticket prices.
- It is strongly recommended that tickets only be purchased at www.statuecruises.com or by calling 1 877 LADYTIX (1.877.523.9849).
- When arriving, please allow for time to pass through security.
- Ferry schedules are listed on the Statue Cruises website or at the Information Center on Liberty Island.
- Wait times to board any ferry can be over 60 minutes during peak months (April – September) and holidays. It is essential to factor in extra time for security clearance, ferry boarding, and ferry transportation when planning your trip.
- For additional information, please contact the park.
Mailing Address: Liberty Island, New York, NY 10004
Phone: (212) 363-3200