A few of the biggest basic expense that we incur as an adult are the purchase of a home, a car, and the cost of a wedding. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. “An average wedding cost in the United States for 2017 was $25,764. [In big cities, the cost is as high as $30,000-$40,000]. Couples, on average, spend between $19,323 and $32,205 but, 50% of couples spend less than $15,000.” Despite the statistics, it is possible to have the wedding of your dreams - within reason! Check out The Estate at Florentine Gardens. Let them work with you to help plan your dream wedding. The Estate is in a Georgian-style mansion in suburban River Vale, New Jersey. The Grand Ballroom accommodates 360 guests. The Ballroom has 25’ high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, a breathtaking 10-foot crystal chandelier, and a magnificent Juliet balcony. The outdoor space includes an impressive four acres of meticulously manicured grounds, an outdoor veranda, and beautiful gardens, making it the perfect setting for your perfect day!
Everything costs money, but some areas can make a difference.
- Limit the number of guests. You may consider a smaller celebratory gathering for those who were not part of the original invite.
- The timing of your wedding makes a difference in cost. Book a venue outside the peak season, which runs from late spring through early fall or book on a day other than a Saturday, when prices are at their highest.
- Focus on the most impactful details - things that catch your eye and make an immediate impression.
- Find a lovely venue that will require less decoration.
- Find vendors that are accommodating and willing to work with you.
- Start saving. Like all big purchases in life, you have to start somewhere. A long engagement may not be a bad idea. Good things come to those who wait. Just think of how ideal the wedding will be when “The Day” arrives.
- You may consider skipping a registry. It is ok to leave it out and cash will be the implied gift.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. You don’t ask, you don’t get.
- Although it is the America way to have debt, whatever you do, we do not recommend you take a loan to pay for a wedding. You do not want to start a life together in debt.
Your wedding will be perfect whatever the cost. Just remember the most important thing: you’ve got your life partner, you’ve got your friends and relatives to help you celebrate! Happiness is priceless. Hope this helps. Happy planning!